Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

New UC560 and 3 ESW-540-24P Switches, best way to wire them

We are installing a UC560 and 3 ESW-540-24P switches at a client in a couple of weeks.  I have installed many of these but have never installed one with multiple switches.  What is the best way to connect these together physically.  They will be all in the same rack.  Was just wondering the best way to "series" the switches together and what ports to plug them into.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Steven DiStefano
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

There is a Smart Design: Implementation Guide at :http://www.cisco.com/web/partners/sell/smb/tools_and_resources/smart_business_comm_system.html

Implementation Guide

Smart Business  Communications System 2.0 – Implementation Guide
The implementation guide complements the SBCS 2.0 Design Guide through  the detailed guidance for SBCS 2.0 based Main Office deployment. This  document leverages the GUI configuration capability with easy-to-follow  step-by-step network deployment guidance using CCA v2.2. It also  includes an installation checklist to assist during the installation  process. It is recommended that users refer to the SBCS 2.0 Design Guide  for underlying design guidance and considerations.

In this (figure 6) it shows a 48 and a 24 port switch connecting to each of the UC560 expansion ports (there are 2 GE ports for expansion on the 560).

These could also be 2 48 port switches (96 total ports).  (In your scenario, I would connect 2 this way and the third to one of  those 2.)

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Steven DiStefano
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

There is a Smart Design: Implementation Guide at :http://www.cisco.com/web/partners/sell/smb/tools_and_resources/smart_business_comm_system.html

Implementation Guide

Smart Business  Communications System 2.0 – Implementation Guide
The implementation guide complements the SBCS 2.0 Design Guide through  the detailed guidance for SBCS 2.0 based Main Office deployment. This  document leverages the GUI configuration capability with easy-to-follow  step-by-step network deployment guidance using CCA v2.2. It also  includes an installation checklist to assist during the installation  process. It is recommended that users refer to the SBCS 2.0 Design Guide  for underlying design guidance and considerations.

In this (figure 6) it shows a 48 and a 24 port switch connecting to each of the UC560 expansion ports (there are 2 GE ports for expansion on the 560).

These could also be 2 48 port switches (96 total ports).  (In your scenario, I would connect 2 this way and the third to one of  those 2.)

Thank you, I forgot about those documents.  Working like a charm.