cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade VPN client from ASA

Jay Cambell
Level 1
Level 1

I'm try to upgrade all my ssl vpn clients but for some reason its not seeing the upgraded software. I  used the followinig document but was unsuccessful.  I'm running version 8.05 on the firewall and ASDM 6.2(5).  Can anybody help with this?

2 Replies 2

uwkleinh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

- verify that you have enough space on flash

- output 'dir' form the CLI will show you that

- what image are you trying to replace and upgrade from to?

Regards,
Uwe

uwkleinh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The link you attached is for IPSec VPN clients, not SSL VPN clients. The SSL VPN client works a bit differently and is always checked and updated to upon connection automatically, if there is a newer version installed on flash of the ASA.

If your computer has a newer version the update is skipped during connection. So all you need to do is to downloade the new SSL image to flash and say yes in ASDM when it prompts you to use as your new SSL VPN image.

The CLI equivlient would be "svc image disk0:/anyconnect-win-2.5.0217-k9.pkg"

In order to upgrade your SSL Client (SSL or AnyConnect) all you need to do is to upload the new client version. In ASDM you should look for "AnyConnect Client Settings' and you can see the Anyconenct package you have installed and then select 'Add'. Please make sure you are uploading a .pkg file. The ASA cannot read any MSI or DMG files as example. It is possible that you downloaded the wrong file form CCO.

Let us know if you get it working.

Uwe