Call Record with Contact Centre Express 7

Unanswered Question
Aug 24th, 2010

Hi,

I am having a problem with UCCX 7 call recording.I have set a monitor session up on my switch to span the voice gateway port and i have confiured my 2nd NIC on the UCCX server and run the postinstall.exe. I have also browsed to the following link http://10.2.3.2:6293/teamadmin/login.cda  and configured the VOIP monitoing service for the 2 agents. I have 2 problems

1) When i reboot the server, since i configured the second NIC, it keeps crashing(even though I have run the VOIP minitor piece ofthe post install.exe)

2) When I try an retrieve the recorded call from the supervisor desktop using play and save, when i listen to the call, all i here is silence.

Has anyone come across either of these issues before?

Thanks,
Derek

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
bshank Wed, 08/25/2010 - 14:11

Hi Derek,

Is the server crashing/rebooting only a few minutes after power on?  If so, this may be the UCCX Node Manager service rebooting the server.  The reason it could be correlated to the NIC being enabled is this:

When the UCCX Node Manager service is started, it loads the cluster config and it's node config.  This is true of single server deployments as well as High Availibility.  Node Manager uses the IP address on the NIC to load the node config for the node with that IP address.

If the NIC binding order configured under Window's Network Connections (Go to the Advanced Menu here and choose Advanced Settings) lists the NIC you just enabled for Monitoring/Recording at the top of the list, then its possible Node Manager is trying to start up with that IP address, and not finding its Node Config.  This will lead to the server rebooting after several minutes.

Thanks,

Brendan

Actions

This Discussion