Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco unity Express installation

hello, I'm trying to install Cisco Unity Express software on the ISM-SRE-300-K9 on a 2951 router

when i issue a service-module sim 0/0 status this is what i get

service module is cisco ism 0/0

service module supports session via tty line 195

service module is failed

service module heart-reset is enabled

service module is in fail open

service moodule status is not available

no install/uninstall in progress

could you please help me out, i need to be able to install cue on this module

thanks

Cris

35 Replies 35

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Begin configuring the interface right, and connecting to port 2195.

the interface is properly configured and i can start a session properly to the cue module

and this is what i get once i start a session

SRE step 1 - SM registration...

Response - no installation needed (len: 422)

SRE Installation Not Needed
Loading disk:/bzImage ... done.
Unable to load image
Unable to boot image

Initializing memory. Please wait...
Memory initialization OK. Continue...
DDR Memory 0512 MB detected
Genuine Intel(R) processor              1.06GHz
BIOS ISM 2.6,  BIOS Build date: 10/16/2009
System now booting...

any thoughts ?

Disk appears corrupted, from another terminal issue service-module x/y reset, try to interrupt boot process to get to boot rom, install again from scratch.

If that fails also, RMA the unit.

I was able to re install one CUE module without any problem now i need to figure the licensing stuff out

however on the second CUE module on the second router on the installation step 12 it fails

SRE step 12 - SM now boots Installer
Verifying ...
Corrupted netboot image  detected
done.
Starting Kernel.

and then it loops

is there a way to fix this ?

Hello Cristobal,

Regarding licensing, if you're running a CUE version that's pre CUE 7.1, and non CSL, (shown by doing "sho software version", look for "Global" version), then you can use the traditional licenses off CCO to install/upgrade licenses, see below;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity_exp/rel7_0/install/upglic.html

If you're running CUE 7.1 or later (which I believe you are, since you said you're running an ISM CUE), this is a different beast.  7.1 onwards uses CSL licenses and the licenses are enforced, below is the guide for installing/upgrading CSL licenses on CUE 7.1 and later:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity_exp/rel7_1/Licensing//Using_CSL.html#wp1065047

Regarding the error you're seeing, it looks as if the image is in fact corrupted.  Before submitting an RMA through TAC what I'd suggest is first try to re-install the CUE software using the "boothelper" method, see below:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity_exp/rel7_1/install/boothelp.html

***Note, the one file that's not mentioned in the file list, in the above link, is the language package manifest file, seen below, this also nees to be downloaded, I think the link is partially wrong.  The .pkg extension is for the manifest file, the link has them mixed up:

cue-vm-langpack.sme.7.1.X.pkg

The .prt1 extension file is the actual voice payload file, which loads the region specific prompts etc...(below is an examle for English US):

cue-vm-en_US-langpack.sme.7.1.X.prt1

So you'd need all the files below in total for the installation:

cue-installer.sme.7.1.x

cue-vm-k9.sme.7.1.x.pkg

cue-vm-full-k9.sme.7.1.x.prt1

cue-vm-installer-k9.sme.7.1.x.prt1

cue-vm-langpack.sme.7.1.x.pkg

cue-vm-en_US-langpack.sme.7.1.(X).prt1  (this is an example for English US language, use your own country specific lanuage payload)

Here's a link to CUE 7.1 software files:

http://tinyurl.com/kja228

Good luck, -Dave

Hello Dave,

I have a question for you,

when I'm on boot-loader for some reason I can't ping my laptop where i have the tftp server running

however if i ping my laptop from the router itself it's fine

from the ism module i can ping the int of the ism, i can't even ping the ip address of the default gateway

this is my config

interface ISM0/0
description Cisco Unity Express
ip unnumbered GigabitEthernet0/1.11
service-module fail-open
service-module ip address 172.21.17.7 255.255.255.0
service-module ip default-gateway 172.21.17.3

this is the config of the gi0/1.11

interface GigabitEthernet0/1.11
description Voice
encapsulation dot1Q 11
ip address 172.21.17.3 255.255.255.0
ip helper-address 172.21.16.21
ip helper-address 172.21.16.22

h323-gateway voip interface
h323-gateway voip bind srcaddr 172.21.17.3
end

any thoughts ?

thank you

never mind i got it fixed thanks all

Could you tell how you fix this?

I have the same problem.

sure.

My problem was. that I didn't have connectivity from the module to my ftp server, and then i checked the configuration on the router and i forgot to add the default route pointing to the module

something like  ip route x.x.x.x y.y.y.y ism 0/0

once i put that in, I was able to install cue

No for this problem, but i have the problem with

SRE Installation Not Needed
Loading disk:/bzImage ... done.
Unable  to load image
Unable to boot image

Initializing memory. Please wait...

Memory  initialization OK. Continue...

DDR Memory 0512 MB detected

Genuine  Intel(R) processor              1.06GHz

BIOS ISM 2.6,  BIOS Build  date: 10/16/2009

System now booting

For this problem i want the result.

Thanks

oh ok, you need to install unity express from scratch

download unity express 8.0 from cisco

then on the isr go to global config mode

and then issue

service-module ism 0/0 install url ftp://username:password@ addr of ftp server>/

after that you should be good to go

I did this without success.

Router#$url ftp://io:****@10.50.0.10/cue-vm-k9.sme.8.0.2.pkg      
Delete the installed Cisco Foundation Software and proceed with new installation? [no]: y
Loading cue-vm-k9.sme.7.1.7.pkg.install.sre !
[OK - 22272/4096 bytes]

You can install upto 5 language(s) on this platform.
Please select the language(s) you want to install by entering the language number(s)
Languages can be entered as comma separated or space separated list
Example: 1,3 would select 'Italian' and 'US English'

Enter languages:
*Sep 10 06:32:40.831: %SM_INSTALL-6-INST_RBIP: ISM0/0 received msg: RBIP Registration Request3
Following languages will be installed on the system:
CUE Voicemail US English
Do you want to continue with the selected options?(y/n):y
input string: lang=no=1,CUE Voicemail US English

Router#
*Sep 10 06:32:46.607: %SM_INSTALL-6-INST_RESET: ISM0/0 is reset for software installation.
*Sep 10 06:33:06.831: %SM_INSTALL-6-INST_RBIP: ISM0/0 received msg: RBIP Registration Request
*Sep 10 06:33:06.839: %SM_INSTALL-6-INST_RBIP: ISM0/0 received msg: RBIP File Request
*Sep 10 06:33:08.711: %SM_INSTALL-6-INST_RBIP: ISM0/0 received msg: RBIP File Request
*Sep 10 06:33:33.243: %SM_INSTALL-6-INST_RBIP: ISM0/0 received msg: RBIP File Request
*Sep 10 06:33:33.711: %SM_INSTALL-6-INST_RBIP: ISM0/0 received msg: RBIP File Request
*Sep 10 06:34:04.347: %SM_INSTALL-6-INST_PROG: ISM0/0 PROGRESSING: Validating package signature ....
*Sep 10 06:34:04.599: %SM_INSTALL-6-INST_PROG: ISM0/0 PROGRESSING: Parsing package manifest files ....
*Sep 10 06:34:06.595: %SM_INSTALL-6-INST_PROG: ISM0/0 PROGRESSING: Validating package signature ....
*Sep 10 06:34:07.175: %SM_INSTALL-6-INST_PROG: ISM0/0 PROGRESSING: Parsing package manifest files ....
*Sep 10 06:34:46.563: %SM_INSTALL-6-INST_PROG: ISM0/0 PROGRESSING: Starting payload download.
*Sep 10 06:35:01.723: %SM_INSTALL-6-INST_PROG: ISM0/0 PROGRESSING: Successfully processed user input.
*Sep 10 06:35:01.755: %SM_INSTALL-6-INST_PROG: ISM0/0 PROGRESSING: Starting payload download.
*Sep 10 06:35:03.363: %SM_INSTALL-6-INST_FAIL: ISM0/0 is reset due to Error encountered while downloading payload(s) .
*Sep 10 06:35:03.363: %SM_INSTALL-6-INST_FAIL: ISM0/0 is reset due to Unable to install. Please try again.
*Sep 10 06:35:23.835: %SM_INSTALL-6-INST_RBIP: ISM0/0 received msg: RBIP Registration Request
*Sep 10 06:35:49.835: %SM_INSTALL-6-INST_RBIP: ISM0/0 received msg: RBIP Registration Request

And then stops

I know that this question is a few days old but I trust that other members might run into the same issue. The point of failure indicates that the language pack was not uploaded to the FTP server.

The full installation packages offer everything except for the language packs that need to be downloaded separately.

After loading the initial header files and installing the foundation software the installation continues (messages shortened for better readability:

- "Starting payload download." - This refers to the main file, i.e. 'cue-vm-full-k9.sme.8.0.2.prt1' in this case

- "Successfully processed user input." - After downloading the main file the system checks which language(s) were selected.

- "Starting payload download." - Now the selected language packs are downloaded, i.e. 'cue-vm-en_US-langpack.sme.8.0.2.prt1' in this case.

- "ISM0/0 is reset due to Error encountered while downloading payload(s) ."
- "ISM0/0 is reset due to Unable to install. Please try again."

This is the typical error message if a file is not found. At least one language pack must be installed in order to run CUE. As only one language was selected this is a critical error so that the installation fails. If you look at the log files of your FTP server you will probably notice a "505 File not found" error message as well.

Hey all,

I'm getting a similar problem with a CUE here, but there is a slightly difference: It's a 2821 router ( c2800nm-adventerprisek9-mz.124-25a.bin) and config for the NM-CUE module is the following:

!

interface Service-Engine1/0

ip address 192.168.254.1 255.255.255.252

service-module ip address 192.168.254.2 255.255.255.252

service-module ip default-gateway 192.168.254.1

!

ip forward-protocol nd

ip route 192.168.254.2 255.255.255.255 Service-Engine1/0

!

!

When I ask for a module status:
Router#service-module service-Engine 1/0 status
Service Module is Cisco Service-Engine1/0
Service Module supports session via TTY line 66
Service Module is failed
Service Module status is not available
Router#
The problem is I can't ping the address 192.168.254.2, therefore I can't lauch neither boot-loader nor any other kind of reinstallation.
Do you guys have any tips?

Thanks,
Karl

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: