cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to disable Unity Connection 8.x MoH

dmckelvey
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone know how to disable the Unity Connection 8.x MoH when tranferring a call from a UC Call Handler back to Call Manager?  We would rather hear dead air than the transfer MoH music.   Thanks!

7 Replies 7

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I reviewed that Post and make the appropriate changes but still not luck....could it be coming off the Gateway MRG?

Hi

Yes, Java was (unusually) wrong there..

There are two parties to each call; when Party A puts Party B on hold (or starts a transfer, which starts with a hold):

1) The config of the party instigating the hold determines which MoH source is played out (based on the Network Hold Audio Source in the case of a transfer, typically you set the User Hold source to the same)

2) The config of the party being put on hold determines where the MoH comes from (based on that parties' MRGL).

So as you say, you could remove the MoH from the GW MRGL. THe side effect of this would be that no MOH would ever be played to outside callers; even if you put someone on hold yourself from your deskphone.

From a resource point of view there's no point playing MoH to Unity, so there's no harm in removing MoH from Unity's MRGL (assuming that MRGL isn't shared with other users).

To stop MoH being played during the transfer you can just set the MoH Audio source on the Unity ports to an unused source number.

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Thanks for the info.  I would assume,  I would set the MoH Audio source on the Unity ports to an unused source number using the "Commom Device Configuration" ? Thx!!

Sounds like a plan - any setting on the actual MoH source fields on the individual ports would override that though (if set)...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

I looked on CUCM 7.x VM Ports and I dont see where you can actually add individual MoH resource on the ports themselves.   I looks like MoH can come from either the Device Pool or Common Device Profile? Unless I am missing something

Ah yes - you are correct..  Voicemail ports are things you tend to set up, and then never look at again until the next install.

There is no Audio source property, it's inherited from the locations you suggested.

Aaron