cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

transfer with announce not working when first caller on hold...

jwaskewics
Level 1
Level 1

All,

We have a new issue.  Normally the reception user transfers calls and announces the caller to the phone user before transfer.  But, when the receptionist has a caller on hold, the transfer of a subsequent caller is blind - i.e. it just transfers to the extension without allowing the receptionist to announce the caller to the phone user.

We tested this at the customer site using a phone extension that was in idle mode, not on DND, not on FWD.

We tested this in-house as well on our own UC520, and the same issue exists.

The phone at the customer site is a 7962, ours is a 7975.

Please advise.

Thank you

John

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Steven DiStefano
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Did you try to make the 79xx phone an Octal Line?  That should do the trick.  CCA configures this (CCA 2.2.5) under Voice Extensions.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Steven DiStefano
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Did you try to make the 79xx phone an Octal Line?  That should do the trick.  CCA configures this (CCA 2.2.5) under Voice Extensions.

Steven,

Yes, that did it.

Thank you.

Good!!!!!

Octal gives you the ability to create shared Octal lines too.  This is new, so why I mention it.

I just played with enabling cBarge on a Shared Octal line and then added the Shared line to BACD and it worked to.  Queuing, hunting and Cbarge.

A Trifecta.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: