Views
Helpful
Replies

Bridging 2 1310's

scooter817
Level 2
Level 2

Hi

I wanted to know if someone can tell me if i can do what i'm about to ask and if so how.

I have a site that has users some work in the building and some work in a trailer outside the building.

the users in the trailer want to use phones so what they wanted me to do is this.Take a bridge and

connect it up in the building and take another switch and put it in the trailer and plug the other bridge

into a port that i've configured as a trunk.From that they want the  to pass out IP addresses for the

desktops and the phones.I wanted to know if this can be done and if it can how. I've been trying to

configure one of the bridges as an non root bridge and everytime i try the screen locks up and goes

white and i have to unplug the cat5 to get it to come back up. The one that i configured as a root bridge

works fine i'm just having a problem with the non root bridge.Thanks in advance and have a great day

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Point-to-Point wireless bridge to pass Voice????  No offense to you but are they serious???

It's "do-able" but I can't guarantee 100% voice.  It sure is very risky if you are not in the range, radio interference, improper antennae alignment, etc.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Point-to-Point wireless bridge to pass Voice????  No offense to you but are they serious???

It's "do-able" but I can't guarantee 100% voice.  It sure is very risky if you are not in the range, radio interference, improper antennae alignment, etc.

None taken but i was just asking because this is what they wanted me to do.Thanks for the response and i willl let them know what you said because you are right.That is considered voice over wireless and that is going to be kinda tuff

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Thanks for the ratings.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: