Dropped Calls at 10 minutes

Unanswered Question
Aug 24th, 2010

A customer of mine observed that every time his agents have a conversation that lasted more than 10 minutes, the calls would get dropped at the 10 minute mark. I am not familiar with the various UCCE desktop applications and I have never used any of them. Can somebody advise is there such a feature with the CDA or CSD applications where you can configure the amount of time that an agent is allowed to stay in a call? Thanks in advance.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
david.macias Tue, 08/24/2010 - 12:58

More than likely it has something to do with mrcp timers on your gateway.  Can you describe the complete call flow?  Another thing you can do to remove ICM from the equation is get a call to go directly to a phone and see if that call fails after 10 minutes.

Does this happen with every call?  It's more likely that this is related to a GW timer than it is to a desktop timer.

You can test to see if you see the same issue with internal calls (made directly to the route point), and with transferred calls.  Are you using CVP or IPIVR?  And if it's CVP - is it SIP or H.323?

This Discussion