Views
Helpful
Replies

CWLMS 3.2 + HUM

dbarboza27
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I will install a CWLMS 3,2 + HUM for around 2000 devices.

Due to this I have to buy a CWLMS 5000 devices licence and HUM 3000 devices.

I am not clear if I will be able to install all CW modules + HUM just one server

I understand that requirements for CWLMS for 5000 devices are designed in case you reach the top (5000), but I will have less that the half.

Could you please advice.

Thanks,

6 Replies 6

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You're pushing the bounds of a single server here.  Really, you want LMS to be managing 1.5K devices with HUM at 300.  For that, you would need a server with two CPUs and at least four GB of RAM.  Really, you should split the two up onto their own servers.  HUM can be pretty memory, CPU, and disk intensive, so giving it breathing room will give you a better experience.

This will change with LMS 4.0 (now due out next month).  HUM will be included, and you will be able to have everything on one box provided you have at least two CPUs and at least eight GB of RAM.

Hi Joseph,

There will be a new scenario. I will not install HUM at all. I just will have CWLMS 3.2 (all modules) in a unique server. Server will be as follows: 4CPU, 8 GB RAM, 200 GB HDD.

I guess it is enough to handle 2000 devices.

Thanks for your comments,

Hi Douglas,

If you want to install only LMS 3.2 without HUM, I think that your server requeriments are very good because the minimum are 2CPU's, 4GB RAM and 15GB disk space.

If you want to see, attach server requeriments for both Windows and Linux platforms.

Greats

I think you mean Windows and Solaris.  LMS does not current support Linux.

Yes, that will be fine.  That will give you some room to grow as well.

Thanks for your comments !!!!