cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Waas mobile 3.5.1 server hostname

mario-leitao
Level 4
Level 4

Can I reach the server via the client by the Hostname of the waas mobile instead of the ip address? I tried to create a new client software package but it only gives me the option of the ip address of the serverĀ“s interface and on the manual it says that I can choose from Server IP or Hostname.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Although adding a client distribution displays a dropdown labeled ā€œServer IPā€ which is pre-populated with server IP(s) to choose from, you can also click on the dropdown arrow then select the blank line and enter hostname text.  Of course, the text that is entered must be resolvable by the client PC to the IP of the server (or an IP which routes to the server).

-ken

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Although adding a client distribution displays a dropdown labeled ā€œServer IPā€ which is pre-populated with server IP(s) to choose from, you can also click on the dropdown arrow then select the blank line and enter hostname text.  Of course, the text that is entered must be resolvable by the client PC to the IP of the server (or an IP which routes to the server).

-ken

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: