Helpful
Replies

VPN Question

visitor68
Level 4
Level 4

Folks:

This request was sent to me.

Im trying to wrap my head around the requirement this person describes.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

"It's a bit of a strange requirement and I can't get into specifically why we want it. We're not looking for a GRE or IPSec VPN - rather we want the properties of such a site to site VPN, however we want the transport to be SSL (not just TCP as I said earlier). Essentially we have other data (various types) that we want a black box to encapsulate in SSL."

1 Reply 1

k_srinadh
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am having little bit knowledge on SSL Black box.

By using SSLBlackbox you can connect to remote servers or build your own secure servers.

[Refer Attached Diagram]

In particular, SSLBlackbox includes a client-side component to upload and download files using FTP / FTPS protocol. Other operations defined by FTP protocol specifications are supported as well. Note: FTPS (FTP over SSL) is not SFTP, which is SSH File Transfer Protocol

One of the recent additions to SSL/TLS family of protocols is Datagram TLS ( DTLS ), which is very similar to TLS. DTLS is used to protect UDP-based or other message-based network communications such as stream audio and video delivery. SSLBlackbox is one of the few solutions to provide client-side and server-side DTLS support.

Unlike symmetric encryption, securing communications with SSL/TLS doesn't require that the sides know the shared secret (password/encryption key). Also, the public key security lets each side examine authenticity of the other side and prevent man-in-the-middle attacks. Another benefit of SSL/TLS is that PKI infrastructure is a widely-used technology, so implementation and maintenance of SSL/TLS-based solutions are quite simple tasks.

SSLBlackbox does not use CryptoAPI, OpenSSL or other third-party encryption library. For certificate creation, management and validation SSLBlackbox uses PKI Blackbox, base functions of which are included with SSLBlackbox package.

SSLBlackbox has been tested with numerous client-side and server-side SSL implementations, including Internet Information Server and Java 2 EE. SSLBlackbox includes special workarounds for SSL/TLS implementation flaws, found in this software.

SSLBlackbox is offered as an individual package and as a part of Professional, Standard and Transports packages.

Why to choose SecureBlackbox: Resons are as follows:

Security

Flexibility

Easy to use architecture

Flexible support policy

Readiness for use

Affordable licensing schemes.

Hope this Helps

Regards,

Srinadh.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card