cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Are custom AA prompts lost in the 8.0.4 upgrade?

William Paulsen
Level 1
Level 1

And are voice mail greetings and messages lost?

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Steven DiStefano
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You should always perform a CCA backup before an upgrade in case you ever need to restore and all is backed up including voice messages and greetings.

Sw upgrade itself doesn't remove anything as long as you don't check the box in the CCA GUI that says apply default config, or Auto format my flash.

Applying default config does a factory reset and the auto format flash cleans off the Flash and uses your PC as a temporary TFTP server and an FTP server and creates directories on flash and then puts back what it recognizes as valid files.

If you already have a directory structure then you shouldn't need that option.

If you named a custom file the name of a system file, it may be in danger of being overwritten.

But as far as voice mail greetings and voicemail, just don't click the default config and you should be fine.

Steve DiStefano

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Steven DiStefano
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You should always perform a CCA backup before an upgrade in case you ever need to restore and all is backed up including voice messages and greetings.

Sw upgrade itself doesn't remove anything as long as you don't check the box in the CCA GUI that says apply default config, or Auto format my flash.

Applying default config does a factory reset and the auto format flash cleans off the Flash and uses your PC as a temporary TFTP server and an FTP server and creates directories on flash and then puts back what it recognizes as valid files.

If you already have a directory structure then you shouldn't need that option.

If you named a custom file the name of a system file, it may be in danger of being overwritten.

But as far as voice mail greetings and voicemail, just don't click the default config and you should be fine.

Steve DiStefano

Thanks for the reply, the CCA and 8.0.4 upgrade on the UC520 went OK.  Note that I did all this upgrade completely remotely, with a VNC server running on a Win7 PC that's on the UC520 LAN.  The only tricky part was after the upgrade, dragging the SPA50x .bin to the UC520 icon required carefully dropping it exactly into what seemed to be the CF slot in the UC520.  Dropping it anyplace else gave error popups.

Ryan Hardy
Level 4
Level 4

No, the prompts are not lost after upgrading if using custom names insted of system names.  My issue after upgrading to 8.0.4, all my auto attendants stopped working.  Everything looked good in the script, and the prompts were still there, but when calling was getting a busy signal.  After looking at it again tonight, i decided to rebuild the scripts to see what happens.  When i built a new script, and went to the voicemail section to apply it to one of my AA's, it started working again.  One thing to note, when the scripts were copied over from the upgrade, they were 53497 bytes.  When i create a new AA with the exact same setup, they are now 81622 bytes.  On another note, when i went to an existing AA and changed the script to another old script, i got an error on my screen "Warning: Application created successfully, but not be fully functional due to internal errors."  That is an error you see when you are building a script with script editor and there is a script issue or version difference.

So to make a long story short, if after the upgrade you are having issues with your AA, just rebuild your scripts as there could be an issue with how the upgrade rebuilt it for the new CUE version.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: