cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX 7.0.1- need for a common flag or parameter to use more than one application

TouchbaseParam
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I used create variable(s) as parameter then i can set this variable values in the Application.

Now my current requirement is more than one UCCX application how to use a common flag/parameter. Is there any way to achieve?

Please advice, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Regards,

Param

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

If you want to share info between applications, you have to store it in a common location. This could be:

1) An XML document, saved to the repository

2) A database if you have one handy (not the UCCX DB)

3) A session variable if it doesn't need to be 100% permanent

XML would be my choice in most deployments. There are examples in the CRS Script Repository of apps saving XML, take a look at those but bear in mind lots of them just write to disk which isn't a good thing. You want to save the XML doc to the repository by using a series of 'Get User', 'Auth User' and 'Upload Document' steps. There are a lot of posts on this forum about saving XML to the repository if you get stuck.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you want it as a parameter because you like how that works and all that... then create a global application for this purpose, and use the Trigger Application step to read its values from within all other scripts.

Otherwise, listen to Aaron, that guy knows what he's talking about.  I second the use of XML documents in the repo, or externally.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

If you want to share info between applications, you have to store it in a common location. This could be:

1) An XML document, saved to the repository

2) A database if you have one handy (not the UCCX DB)

3) A session variable if it doesn't need to be 100% permanent

XML would be my choice in most deployments. There are examples in the CRS Script Repository of apps saving XML, take a look at those but bear in mind lots of them just write to disk which isn't a good thing. You want to save the XML doc to the repository by using a series of 'Get User', 'Auth User' and 'Upload Document' steps. There are a lot of posts on this forum about saving XML to the repository if you get stuck.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you want it as a parameter because you like how that works and all that... then create a global application for this purpose, and use the Trigger Application step to read its values from within all other scripts.

Otherwise, listen to Aaron, that guy knows what he's talking about.  I second the use of XML documents in the repo, or externally.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: