how to sort unknown and unegistered IP phones in CUCM

Unanswered Question
Aug 24th, 2010

Hello ,

i trying to find in CUCM only the unknown and unegistered ip phones based on DNs, but its not possible , also note i dont have CUOM.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
philip.e.denton Wed, 08/25/2010 - 07:09

This is a huge PITA I've run into as well.  Someone should definitely write a tool to do this, since Cisco refuses to add such simple functionality to the CCM Admin interface.

Paging p.belivacqua!!!

Paolo Bevilacqua Wed, 08/25/2010 - 08:29

I'm not writing CM specific applications for now, as it is too cumbersome for too little return.

By the way, how did you proxy  subscribed myself to this thread ?

philip.e.denton Wed, 08/25/2010 - 09:28

No idea!  That's unfortunate this isn't an app you could write.  I figured it would be a pretty simple SQL query with a nice, pretty front end...

David Hailey Wed, 08/25/2010 - 09:47

This, and similar tools, are something you can write.  Admittedly, you'll need to be comfortable with or learn some basic scripting and programming logic but you can leverage the AXL/SOAP interface to gather this data and perform other functions based on your programming prowess.  As a learning process, you should look up the AXL/SOAP toolkit for CUCM and start reading up on things.  There are some pre-canned scripts as well; however, it's been a while since I've looked at them so I can't speak for what all of them do. 

P. Bev definitely has his share of tools but I think you do write a lot of CME-based tools, right?  For reference, do you have a website where you have a listing of tools you make available (pay and/or free).  I'd be interested to see what you've put together.

This Discussion

Related Content