Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

how to sort unknown and unegistered IP phones in CUCM

Hello ,

i trying to find in CUCM only the unknown and unegistered ip phones based on DNs, but its not possible , also note i dont have CUOM.

Regards.

7 Replies 7

philip.e.denton
Level 3
Level 3

This is a huge PITA I've run into as well.  Someone should definitely write a tool to do this, since Cisco refuses to add such simple functionality to the CCM Admin interface.

Paging p.belivacqua!!!

I'm not writing CM specific applications for now, as it is too cumbersome for too little return.

By the way, how did you proxy  subscribed myself to this thread ?

No idea!  That's unfortunate this isn't an app you could write.  I figured it would be a pretty simple SQL query with a nice, pretty front end...

This, and similar tools, are something you can write.  Admittedly, you'll need to be comfortable with or learn some basic scripting and programming logic but you can leverage the AXL/SOAP interface to gather this data and perform other functions based on your programming prowess.  As a learning process, you should look up the AXL/SOAP toolkit for CUCM and start reading up on things.  There are some pre-canned scripts as well; however, it's been a while since I've looked at them so I can't speak for what all of them do. 

P. Bev definitely has his share of tools but I think you do write a lot of CME-based tools, right?  For reference, do you have a website where you have a listing of tools you make available (pay and/or free).  I'd be interested to see what you've put together.

Hailey

Are you asking me, David?

No, I thought P. Bev was in on the thread at this point. No worries.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: