Views
Helpful
Replies

Automatic delete devices in DCR

hleschin
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

we use LMS3.2 in a large campus network.

We don't use the network discovery via seed devices. instead of that we import devices into lms/DCR via automatic bulk import from another database. Is it possbile to delete devices in DCR in a similar, automatic way?

Regards

Hendrik

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ah, I understand.  Yes, you can delete devices from the CLI using the dcrcli command:

dcrcli -u admin cmd=del -f dn=DISPLAY_NAME

Where DISPLAY_NAME is the display name of the device.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Go to Common Services > Device and Credentials > Admin > Device Polling to configure the DCR device poller.  This poller will detect unreachable devices that have been added to DCR.  It will periodically create a report that will allow you to delete the unreachable devices.

Go to Common Services > Device and Credentials > Admin > Device Polling to configure the DCR device poller.  This poller will detect unreachable devices that have been added to DCR.  It will periodically create a report that will allow you to delete the unreachable devices.

Thx for you answer. I know  this function but I mean something different.

We manage ~5000 devices from many customers in one network infrastructure. Rechability is not our only criterium to manage devices and have them in LMS or not.

We have another database from where we import devices into LMS. For this we use the scheduled bulk import that is scheduled for every day.

This database controls generaly if we want to manage devices or not. Devices that we don't want to manage must be deleted in LMS and it's possible that a device is still reachable when we want to remove it from LMS.

So my questions:

Is there a possiblity to delete devices in a similar way as the automatic bulk import works? Maybe via CLI ?

Best Regards

Hendrik

Ah, I understand.  Yes, you can delete devices from the CLI using the dcrcli command:

dcrcli -u admin cmd=del -f dn=DISPLAY_NAME

Where DISPLAY_NAME is the display name of the device.

Thanks !

That was exactly I was looking for.