SNMP v3 configuration

Answered Question
Aug 25th, 2010

Dear All,

i defined the following config

but still when i do RME>Device Management>Cisco View

I cant configure the ports on switch my example device is 3560-48PS, error says there is timeout for chasis & OR check snmp credentials.

I have run dvice credential report,, & it says snnp v3 ok (read & write) as well as telnet. i have LMS 3.2 latest one

snmp-server engineID local xxxxxxxxxxxx

snmp-server group ABC v3 auth write v1default access 10
snmp-server user lmsadmin ABC v3 auth md5 ABC

snmp-server host 1.1.2.1 version 3 auth lmsadmin
snmp-server location DATACENTER

snmp-server contact ITDEPT

access-list 10 permit 1.1.2.0 0.0.0.255

But I can not configure switch ports. device credential report is showing ok for telnet & snmp v3. snmp v3 traps are they supported on lms 3.2 now?????????????

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by Joe Clarke about 6 years 4 months ago

Your configuration issue is expected.  If you really want to clear your SNMP configuration, run "no snmp-server", then write mem, and reload.  Then, when the devie reboots, re-configure your SNMPv3 parameters.

To troubleshoot this timeout issue, I'd like to see a sniffer trace of SNMP traffic to this switch when you try and configure the port attributes.  Start a trace filtering on udp/161 traffic, then reproduce the problem.  Post the sniffer trace file.

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Joe Clarke Thu, 08/26/2010 - 00:03

Your config looks okay.  Can you post screenshots showing exactly what you are doing and exactly the error you see?

sohaildxbfze Sun, 08/29/2010 - 23:50

please find attached screenshot.

One more thing i removed old snmp settings for v1, v2c by using no snmp-server

now when i configure snmp-server with new engineid & v3,, old comes back.. & keeps teasing me, no matter how i remove them!!!!!!!!!!

Attachment: 
Correct Answer
Joe Clarke Mon, 08/30/2010 - 11:18

Your configuration issue is expected.  If you really want to clear your SNMP configuration, run "no snmp-server", then write mem, and reload.  Then, when the devie reboots, re-configure your SNMPv3 parameters.

To troubleshoot this timeout issue, I'd like to see a sniffer trace of SNMP traffic to this switch when you try and configure the port attributes.  Start a trace filtering on udp/161 traffic, then reproduce the problem.  Post the sniffer trace file.

Actions

This Discussion