Replies

SNMP v3 configuration

sohaildxbfze
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

i defined the following config

but still when i do RME>Device Management>Cisco View

I cant configure the ports on switch my example device is 3560-48PS, error says there is timeout for chasis & OR check snmp credentials.

I have run dvice credential report,, & it says snnp v3 ok (read & write) as well as telnet. i have LMS 3.2 latest one

snmp-server engineID local xxxxxxxxxxxx

snmp-server group ABC v3 auth write v1default access 10
snmp-server user lmsadmin ABC v3 auth md5 ABC

snmp-server host 1.1.2.1 version 3 auth lmsadmin
snmp-server location DATACENTER

snmp-server contact ITDEPT

access-list 10 permit 1.1.2.0 0.0.0.255

But I can not configure switch ports. device credential report is showing ok for telnet & snmp v3. snmp v3 traps are they supported on lms 3.2 now?????????????

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Your configuration issue is expected.  If you really want to clear your SNMP configuration, run "no snmp-server", then write mem, and reload.  Then, when the devie reboots, re-configure your SNMPv3 parameters.

To troubleshoot this timeout issue, I'd like to see a sniffer trace of SNMP traffic to this switch when you try and configure the port attributes.  Start a trace filtering on udp/161 traffic, then reproduce the problem.  Post the sniffer trace file.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Your config looks okay.  Can you post screenshots showing exactly what you are doing and exactly the error you see?

please find attached screenshot.

One more thing i removed old snmp settings for v1, v2c by using no snmp-server

now when i configure snmp-server with new engineid & v3,, old comes back.. & keeps teasing me, no matter how i remove them!!!!!!!!!!

Your configuration issue is expected.  If you really want to clear your SNMP configuration, run "no snmp-server", then write mem, and reload.  Then, when the devie reboots, re-configure your SNMPv3 parameters.

To troubleshoot this timeout issue, I'd like to see a sniffer trace of SNMP traffic to this switch when you try and configure the port attributes.  Start a trace filtering on udp/161 traffic, then reproduce the problem.  Post the sniffer trace file.