Views
Helpful
Replies

upgrade mars; pnupgrade: Operation not permitted

ngo duyen
Level 1
Level 1

I try upgrade my mars 4.2.1 to 6.0.7.

After upgrade 4.2.2, 4.2.3 patch I check using web browser, version and pnstatus command. I see they work well.

I upgrade 4.2.4 patch.

I see this info (I use ssh):

[pnadmin]$ pnupgrade cdrom://csmars-4.2.4.2428.pkg
Copying ...
Upgrading ... - Please wait ...
- WARNING: This upgrade typically takes 30-40 minutes to complete (maximum time 2 hours in some cases) .  Interruption of this process could cause a loss of data. Do not power off or restart your system until this process has completed.
- Stopping CS-MARS applications : #
- Updating MARS applications : #

too long time: around 1 hours later ( release note 4.3.6 said that around 30min to complete this task)

After that I try reboot, pnupgrade again,... like this:

[pnadmin]$ reboot
shutdown: must be root.
[pnadmin]$

[pnadmin]$ pnupgrade cdrom://csmars-4.2.4.2428.pkg
pnupgrade: Operation not permitted

I use command pnstatus and I see all service alway running and stop in short time, all of them stop around 90 seconds (attach file).

And I can access though web now.

But I want to continue upgrade.

what s the matter with my mars?

ty

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

It looks like the upgrade got corrupted somehow.  If you have a backup of your database, you can do a re-image, restore the database from backup, then re-try the upgrade.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

ngo duyen
Level 1
Level 1

and

[pnadmin]$ version
4.2.3 (2403)

It looks like the upgrade got corrupted somehow.  If you have a backup of your database, you can do a re-image, restore the database from backup, then re-try the upgrade.

thank you,

I backup manual config and re-image with recovery dvd 6.0.7 and upgrade 6.0.8 patch.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: