Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 3.1 UT for 4900M

orca
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

we have two 4900M with trunk connected ESX servers.

The switches are recognized and added to the database but no End Hosts are discovered.

End Host Discovery is enabled on trunk connections.

Info:

CS 3.2.0
CM 5.1.4
CV 6.1.8
CWA 1.1.0
DFM 3.1.0
LMSP 1.1.0
RME 4.2.0

Thanks for your help!

Alex

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

How do the switches appear on the Campus topology map?  Are you using port channels on the trunk ports?  Post the config from the switch, the output of "show int status" and the NMSROOT/campus/etc/cwsi/portData.xml file.

Hello,

Thanks for your answer. Something is wrong with my workstation today. I can't open topology view.

The access layer trunk ports are no Port Channels. Only the uplinks to other switches are.

I'm sorry, but I can't post confidential material. Perhaps you can have a look at TAC SR 615139375. It's another case we have opened regarding UT on VSS and we have send the portsdata.xml and other stuff.

Regards,

Alex

While I see the portsData.xml file, I don't have the other information for the 4900M switches.  I recommend you open another SR for this problem so the complete set of data can be collected.  Typically, if users do not show up int UT, but the devices are properly managed by Campus, the problem is that an '@' is being used in SNMP community strings or SNMPv3 is being used without proper context configuration.  The problem could also be a bug in Data Collection, but I've gone through the ani.log attached to the SR, and I do not think you're seeing that problem.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: