Views
Helpful
Replies

Uccx 5.0 replay menu ?

safety2008
Level 4
Level 4

Good morning.

In the attached script i am trying to have callers have the option to press 5, and replay the menu shown, daymenu1. when i run a reactive script i can see it goes to daymenu1, but will not play, it skips down to a que greeting. i created labels, and different things, but am stumped as to why it wont play. any thoughts would be apprciated..

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

bshank
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

I took a look at that attached script and scrolled to the location shown in the screenshot.  I see you are using a Get Digit String step rather than a Menu step in this case because you want 4 digit entries to be accepted for the redirect.  Due to this, the Get Digit String step is expecting up to 4 digits to be entered by the caller, and it's taking the timeout branch when it only receives 1 digit.  Have you tried the script with a reactive debug?  My first thought is that the extnXfer variable isn't getting populated with the "5" when the Get Digit String step times out like it would when the successful branch is reached.  Watching this variable in the variable pane when you hit the step in a Reactive Debug session can verify that the variable is being set correctly.

Thanks,

Brendan

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

bshank
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

I took a look at that attached script and scrolled to the location shown in the screenshot.  I see you are using a Get Digit String step rather than a Menu step in this case because you want 4 digit entries to be accepted for the redirect.  Due to this, the Get Digit String step is expecting up to 4 digits to be entered by the caller, and it's taking the timeout branch when it only receives 1 digit.  Have you tried the script with a reactive debug?  My first thought is that the extnXfer variable isn't getting populated with the "5" when the Get Digit String step times out like it would when the successful branch is reached.  Watching this variable in the variable pane when you hit the step in a Reactive Debug session can verify that the variable is being set correctly.

Thanks,

Brendan

Brendan,

thanks for response, i did run a reactive and, thats where im getting hung up. i hit 5 and i see it go back to my daymenu1, but it does not play. all other single digit options are working, except for the 5..for some reason it goes to daymenu1,does not play, then goes to select resource menu and plays the genral1 greeting...strange, just thought i was missing something simple..probably an easier way to do what i am trying, but it seems to me that this should work.

Thanks again!

Brendan

You got me thinkin about the variable window, which im not as familiar with as some, anyway, maxretry value was 1. I changed to 2 and bingo, the menu now will repeat. would love to know why, but since we are on the eve of Friday, ill let working dogs works. Many thanks to you for your response!!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: