cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Change Format of Caller ID

Damien Ball
Level 1
Level 1

I'm interested in formatting the caller ID information that comes in from our PRI.  I've received requests to make the output more readable for the users.  When a call comes in, we see "1234567890".  I would like it to show the same number, but show it in the following format if possible "(123) 456-7890)".  How can I do this?  I'm using Call Manager 7.1.3.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Sorry, it is not possible to do that.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Sorry, it is not possible to do that.

Sounds like ciscoscripts.com needs to get on that

Unfortunately it is not possible to do that because calling and called numbers are purely numeric fields, and messing with them is likely to cause further trouble or lack of interoperability.

Aww, that's unfortunate.  It would be nice if they provided a way to make the numbers presentable.  There isn't a way to do this with called party transforms? I know they're mostly used to transform one number into something else without changing routing, but it would be cool if this would work.

No, calling party transformation patterns cannot do this.

Calling Party Transform Mask

Enter a transformation mask value. Valid entries for the NANP include  the digits 0 through 9; the wildcard characters X, asterisk (*), and  octothorpe (#); and the international escape character +.

If the Discard Digits Instructions field is blank, the Prefix Digits  (Outgoing Calls) field is blank, the Calling Party Transformation Mask  field is blank, and the Use Calling Party's External Phone Number Mask  is not checked, no calling party transformation takes place.

If you try to enter () you'll get an error message stating the valid entries are... and the same I just pasted.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: