cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Calling Party Transformation with Call Handler

mhurley131
Level 4
Level 4

I have calling party transformation setup, and working correctly when a phone has a DID associated to it.    Unfortunately if a caller goes to a call handler, then dials the users extension it no longer works.

Working:    Dial 555-1212 (DID) --> Rings on cisco phone with the proper localized number displayed.

Not Working:    Dial 555-1213, at Call Handler dial DN 1234 -->   Rings on cisco phone with the full globalized number

Is there a way to make this work going thru the call handler?   My guess is that the phone is seeing the call comming from Unity CN first, not appying the transformation, then the display is updated to show the outside callers info.

-Mike

8 Replies 8

philip.e.denton
Level 3
Level 3

So you take your DIDs and manipulate them somehow to fit into your internal dialing plan.

Through some call flow (0-outs or whatever) users sometimes end up at a UConn directory handler but when the users find people in the directory calls are not making it to the subscriber's phones?

Do the UConn ports have a CSS that contains a partition that contains a translation pattern to convert the UConn numbering scheme to the numbering scheme on the subscribers' phones?

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Where are you applying your transformations - typical is route list but can be applied elsewhere as well.  Elaborate and I believe we can identify why Unity Connection would not be accessing the transformation configurations.

Hailey

mhurley131
Level 4
Level 4

Here is a summary of what I am doing...

The PRIs are all MGCP.    On the PRI interface I am using the "Incoming Calling Party Settings" to append an 81 to all national numbers.     So the telco sends the calling party as 555-555-1234, and UCM makes it 81-555-555-1234.

This makes it so that users can go to their Missed Calls directory and dial the number directly ( since they need an 8 to dial outside numbers).

I then use Calling Party Transformations on the device pool which drops the 81.   This makes it so that the number displayed on the screen is just the 10 digit number.  But if you go into Missed Calls it still has the precending "81".

This works fine for direct dials to the phone ,but not when going thru a call handler.

hey,

did you get this resolved so it shows up wihtout 81 on the display of hte phone when it goes through the call hanlder...

please let me know how you fixed it. i have the same issue.

thanks

vijay

I think mhurley131 gave a pretty good explanation.  Did you try that?

what do you mean..he has the same problem as i do..i dont see that him saying he resloved. it

Sorry about that Vijay, I didn't re-read the whole thread.

What about a translation pattern in UConn's outbound CSS that will do the digit manipulation for you?

dpsanborn
Level 1
Level 1

I know this is an old post, but it is still unresolved and I have had the same issue and have been troubleshooting this all day. I was able to get this to work by changing my phone system integration between the Call Manager and Unity Connection from CTI Ports to Sip Trunks.

Hope that helps everyone experiencing this issue.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: