cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to remove configuration regarding an empty slot?

1pgordo
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

i have a 6500 that still have configuration regarding a TenGig module that's not in the chassis anymore. How can i remove this configuration?

when i've tried to delete the interfaces, i've got the message:

% Removal of physical interfaces is not permitted

Thanks

2 Replies 2

Bobby Thekkekandam
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

There's no elegant solution here unfortunately. Reloading the switch will  clear it from the running config, but that is typically not an option most folks have.

Also, the the global configuration module clear-config command can be used to clear configs for modules not being replaced, however there are two caveats.

- The command needs to be entered prior to removing the module

- Also, if you leave the command configured, you will lose configs for any modules you replace, such as in the event of a hardware failure when you'd want to retain the configuration for the module. Therefore it's recommended to enter the command prior to removing a module that won't be replaced, and then disabling it using no module clear-config.

If you've already removed the module, hopefully it's possible to temporarily re-insert it to perform the above steps.

Hope that Helps,

Bobby

I will see how can i manage that.

Many thanks Bobby.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card