cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Missed, Received Calls list on IP Phones shows wrong date

ROBBY HARRELL
Level 1
Level 1

A few weeks ago, we installed a UC540 system for a customer with the SPA 509 ip phones.   The customer has 3 Analog lines connecting to the FXO ports to connect to the PSTN.   Caller-ID is enabled on the ports.    When a call comes in from the PSTN, the phones display the correct Caller-ID (name and number) and time of the call.   But when the phone user checks the Missed Calls, Placed Calls list on the IP Phone, The date is off by exactly 6 days ahead.   The hour and minutes are correct, by the date is not.  Yesterday (8/24/2010) I made test calls,  and the date under the Placed Calls list had the date as 8/30/2010. 

The clock is correct on the router, time displays properly on the phones.  The voice call history on the UC500 shows the correct date and time.

Is this a Software bug on the phone loads or IOS?

Anybody run across this?

7 Replies 7

Couple things to check:

1) Are CME/CUE synchronizing with an NTP server?

2) Do you have the correct time zones set for CME/CUE?

Cole

Actually, this UC540 is not on the customer LAN with

Internet access.   The timezone is correct.

The time of day of the call is correct, but the actual day of the call is appearing 6 days

in the future only in the Missed Calls, Placed Call list on the phone.

I would strongly advise the customer to allow the UC540 on the customer's LAN, if only for NTP purposes. Not that it directly relates to your situation, but the time will drift if you don't have an NTP server set up.

Hi Robby,

Have you got a solution to the issue? I am having the same problem.

Thanks.

Larry

No, never got a solution.

Robby Harrell

CenturyLink (formerly Embarq)

Business Service Tech III

LAN, WAN, VoIP, Firewall, Video Conf.

Cell 252-813-1719

104 East King St.

Edenton, NC 27932

Hi Robby,

My problem has been resolved by upgrading phone firmware to version 7.4.6. You can check by web-browsing the phone ip address.

Cheers.

Larry

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: