Views
Helpful
Replies

Problems with NAC Manager (CAM)

kathy-kat
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Everyone,

We have a little problem with CAM and the users who have ip address static, we do not know why if the user has a ip static his computer does not pass any policies of CAM, like first step we review that the user have all the policies necesary for access to the network, and in the fact is like that but the user can not still access to the network.

Any idea??

Kat

6 Replies 6

Faisal Sehbai
Level 7
Level 7

Katherine,

Start with network troubleshooting. Can the user ping his default gateway? If yes, try to browse somewhere. What happens then?

Faisal

Hello Faisal,

Thanks for answer my question, We did the network troubleshooting in effect the user can do ping their default gateway and can access to the internet and also applications and services that they used for work.

Regards,

Kat

Katherine,

I'm confused. Your first post said that user cannot access the network, and your last one said that he can.

Can you describe a little in detail what the problem is? Also more details (perhaps a diagram) of your network would help.

Thanks,

Faisal

Sorry Faisal if I do not explain good.

Here is the situacion, if the client have a static IP Address and have to pass for the CAS, they do not access to the network because the CAS does not permit it, but If I get up the client from de CAS, i mean that the client do not pass for CAS, they can access to the network. The policies of the CAM only works for users that not have a static IP Address.

Kat

Sorry Faisal if I do not explain good.

Here is the situacion, if the client have a static IP Address and have to pass for the CAS, they do not access to the network because the CAS does not permit it, but If I get up the client from de CAS, i mean that the client do not pass for CAS, they can access to the network. The policies of the CAM only works for users that not have a static IP Address.

Kat

Kat,

It really shouldn't matter if you're IP is static or not, unless you're doing Role-Based VLANs with OOB setup. Please give some more details about your setup, a network diagram if possible.

Thanks,

Faisal

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: