i am new in all this stuff (voip) and i have to do a project for the university.
What i have to do is to connect two ip phones in order to place a call
between this wo phone (cisco 7905 )
the hardware that i have is a cisco router( 1700 series) a cisco switch( catalyst 2950 series) a cisco pc (MCS 7800 series) with windows 2000 and call manager 3.3.
I don't need o make any outcoming calls or incoming . only calls from one phone to the other.
What i managed to do until know is to connect all this stuf and to configure the call manager and DHCP but i must has done something wrong...
The ip phones passes alla the tests ( configuring ip via DHCP etc.) but after all this the phones then restarts and do all this from the begining....
i have read deferent thinks on the internet but i just confused more.
can someone guide me one what to read and in witch ored i have to do think (for example if (and somewhere to read how) i have to configure DHCP first an then CCM (i did it in this order) what i have to configure in CCM and in witch order etc. ?
P.S sry for my english (it's being a long time since i last wrote something in english)
1) Make sure that the TFTP service is up and running on your cucm server.
2) Make sure that you have a 7905 firmware load on the CUCM server, in the TFTP root directory.
3) Configure both phones on CUCM, and give each phone an extension/DN. Then save and reset from CUCM.
4) Make sure both extensions/DN's are in a CSS that contains the partition that the other DN is in. If extension A is in partion 1, make sure the CSS you assign to extension B contains partions 1, and vice-versa.
5) On your DHCP server, make sure you have "option 150" set as the CUCM server you're using for TFTP service.
Then reset your phones.
If these are above ppoints not ok for your problem removal then you have to do manual ip confiugration and then see what is coming ip phone.
If still same issue coming go to system on cucm server nad check the connectivity ebtween both side devices for verify the full connectivity of setup.
If it is ok then chekc how many license files are you haivng and how is used and not used in system.
If then not work, please chekc the basic network connectivity for setup.
PLease provide the whole network setup with details so that verify where is the problem?
please also tell hwta is coming on ip phone that is not registering wtih cucm sever?