cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MGCP interdigit timeout?

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hey everyone, I do not have a CUCM in front of me right now, but does anyone is there is an interdigit timeout for MGCP controlled trunks? (QSIG, PRI, CAS, etc).

Im having a interdigit timeout issue I believe or I need switch my MTP sources from CUCM to the router for better performance.   I posted another thread about this last week, but had another idea with MGCP.   Im not sure if there is a service parameter for this or not.

CUCM 5.x  (eeck!)

Thanks!

2 Replies 2

eramaya
Level 1
Level 1

Check the T302 timer this will adjust the interdigit time out for the whole cluster. you can find it under Service > Service Parameters

Be careful. Do not set the interdigit timeout value too low, otherwise the user does not have enough time to enter the digits while calling

I dont think the T302 timer has an effect on DTMF coming *IN* from a digital source does it?    We checked the delays and saw from a Cisco IP phone, it was 60ms.  From PSTN is was 105ms.    The DTMFs work, just need to type them in slow... which reducing the timer would effectly make it worse I believe.  There would no little to no gaps between the digits entered.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: