cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MGCP interdigit timeout?

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hey everyone, I do not have a CUCM in front of me right now, but does anyone is there is an interdigit timeout for MGCP controlled trunks? (QSIG, PRI, CAS, etc).

Im having a interdigit timeout issue I believe or I need switch my MTP sources from CUCM to the router for better performance.   I posted another thread about this last week, but had another idea with MGCP.   Im not sure if there is a service parameter for this or not.

CUCM 5.x  (eeck!)

Thanks!

2 Replies 2

eramaya
Level 1
Level 1

Check the T302 timer this will adjust the interdigit time out for the whole cluster. you can find it under Service > Service Parameters

Be careful. Do not set the interdigit timeout value too low, otherwise the user does not have enough time to enter the digits while calling

I dont think the T302 timer has an effect on DTMF coming *IN* from a digital source does it?    We checked the delays and saw from a Cisco IP phone, it was 60ms.  From PSTN is was 105ms.    The DTMFs work, just need to type them in slow... which reducing the timer would effectly make it worse I believe.  There would no little to no gaps between the digits entered.