Views
Helpful
Replies

Dial Plan starting with +

Imran Khan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have implemented Mobility in our cluster. We are struggling with the dial plan using the mobile phone address book. Most of the numbers are saved starting with +44, If we try to call the call is unsuccessful. We cant have a route pattern starting with +. we were wondering if anyone knows if we can configure a dial pattern where we can use our +44 saved numbers. The main reason everyone dont want to get rid of +44 is that when they are abroad then they have to add +44 infront of a number whereas +44 works in both situations (home or abroad).

Thanks.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Ah... my bad... or rather Cisco's, for calling everything new either UC or Mobility. No imagination, those folks...

Are you on CCM7 or above? I believe (not done this yet myself) that version was the first to support the +, and you have to enter it as \+ in the route patterns.

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

Hi

SIP/SCCP shouldn't matter.. but it could be that:

1) The SCCP Nokia doesn't have the same CSS setup as the iPhone?

2) You can dial the + from the NOkia, but does it actually send it? You'd have to have a look at the CM traces I guess. Or, if you have the system set up to allow dialling 9.@, try dialling +907xxxxxxxxx (a valid number though, obviously) and see if it just drops the + and goes through.

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts and mark answered questions that you've got a satisfactory response from to help identify useful content in the forums...
https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-6212

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

You generally use 'application dial rules' to remap the dial strings sent by CTI apps to normally diallable ones.

So for +44 numbers you would have two rules to cover common numbers:

Name: +44 11-digit dialling

Number starts with: +44

Length: 13

Digits to remove: 3

Prefix : 90

Name: +44 10-Digit Dialling

Number starts with: +44

Length: 14

Digits to remove: 3

Prefix : 90

These are configured under Call Routing/DIal Rules/Application Dial Rules.. You'd probably also want them to normalise other phone book entries (i.e. prefix 9 to 11 digit numbers starting with 0 etc). They can be extremely clunky to set up.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Hi Aaron,

Thanks a lot for your reply.

I managed to configure the application dial rule but it is not taking affect. Do I have to do something else?

Thanks.

Ok - when you say Mobility, which featuer do you mean?

Do you mean Mobile Voice Access?

Aaron

Cisco Mobile. Using mobile phones to use wireless network to register as an extension and make calls out to PSTN via the office connectivity to the PSTN (which is ITSP in this case).

Ah... my bad... or rather Cisco's, for calling everything new either UC or Mobility. No imagination, those folks...

Are you on CCM7 or above? I believe (not done this yet myself) that version was the first to support the +, and you have to enter it as \+ in the route patterns.

Regards

Aaron

haha, thats true.

yes, Im on CCM7. I did try it and it worked. I tried earlier on but I was trying to type without a '\' and CUCM did not accept the pattern. I do have another issue though. After creating that, when I tried it from my iPhone it works but if I try from my Nokia E71 it does not work and I get the CUCM recorded message saying "your call cannot be completed as dialed....". Now, I can't think why is it working on iPhone but not on Nokia E71.

One more thing to mention that iPhone is registered as a SIP endpoint and nokia as SCCP.

Hi

SIP/SCCP shouldn't matter.. but it could be that:

1) The SCCP Nokia doesn't have the same CSS setup as the iPhone?

2) You can dial the + from the NOkia, but does it actually send it? You'd have to have a look at the CM traces I guess. Or, if you have the system set up to allow dialling 9.@, try dialling +907xxxxxxxxx (a valid number though, obviously) and see if it just drops the + and goes through.

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts and mark answered questions that you've got a satisfactory response from to help identify useful content in the forums...
https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-6212

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: