Views
Helpful
Replies

CLID restriction for Contact Center Calls

b.zont
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

One of our customers has a stalker and they have asked from the telco to send the Calling Line ID for the mobile calls which are normally blocked by the calling person. When these calls are to a Callmanager user, they cannot see the caller ID as expected, but when the call is to contact center, than the agent sees the caller ID on the agent desktop which is legally not accepted. So I made a search and I found the

clid strip pi-restrict

command. Will this command do the trick to remove the caller ID for the agents also while still showing on the voice gateway isdn q931 debugs ?

Thanks

5 Replies 5

Felipe Garrido
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Bora,

I'm a bit confused as to which direction you want the CLID to be stripped. Can you clarify? Do you want inbound calls from the PSTN to not show CLID to the IP phone or vise versa?

The clid strip pi-restrict all command under voice service voip will remove the CLID only when the telco sets the presentation bit to restricted. This will also only work in a h.323 or SIP environment.

-Felipe

Hi ,

I am trying to block the CLID for the inbound calls. I just wasn't sure about the command so your explantion makes it clear for me. I will test in shortly.

Thanks a lot

Hi,

I tested the command but nothing has changed.

To make it clear I will try to explain it again.

A mobile phone whose CLID is blocked, calls in.

If the call goes to a normal user IP Phone, the incoming CLID is unknown, which is good.

If the call goes to CVP and ICM and than to the CAD agent desktop, than the agent sees the CLID on the agent desktop in both one line incoming call information at the top and also the Enterprise parameters window in the ANI field, which is bad and legally restricted.

So any other ides would be appreciated ....

Thanks

Can you provide the debug isdn q931 output for the cell phone call? How does the gateway integrate with CUCM (MGCP/H323/SIP)?

-Felipe

Hi,

Here is the debug output: (I hope this much is enough)

Sending Complete
        Bearer Capability i = 0x8090A3
                Standard = CCITT
                Transfer Capability = Speech 
                Transfer Mode = Circuit
                Transfer Rate = 64 kbit/s
        Channel ID i = 0xA1839F
                Preferred, Channel 31
        Date/Time i = 0x0A081A10000C
                Date (dd-mm-yr)   = 10-08-26
                Time (hr:mnt:sec) = 16:00:12
        Calling Party Number i = 0x21A3, '1234567890'
                Plan:ISDN, Type:National
        Called Party Number i = 0xA1, '0987654321'
                Plan:ISDN, Type:National
Aug 26 15:51:16.054: ISDN Se2/0:15 Q931: TX -> CALL_PROC pd = 8  callref = 0x805D
        Channel ID i = 0xA9839F
                Exclusive, Channel 31
Aug 26 15:51:16.082: ISDN Se2/0:15 Q931: TX -> ALERTING pd = 8  callref = 0x805D
        Progress Ind i = 0x8188 - In-band info or appropriate now

The Voice gateway sends everything to the gatekeeper and gatekeepr sends it to the CCM over the GK controlled trunk. As i said before, if the call is destined to a normal IP Phone, ther is no problem, the CLID is "Unknown". But if the call is destined to an Agent, when the call starts ringin on the CAD, on the incoming call information, the CLID is unknown. But after the call is conncted, Both on the line information and the ANI field, the CLID is shown.

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: