cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

renaming a device with DLMS

csschaeffer
Level 1
Level 1

I see from the list of functions available that there is one called "renameDevices". I have been unable to make this work. I tried setting the CDATA with CSV Version 3.0 formatted data (includig the device_identity of the device I wanted to rename), but no luck. What is this function expecting? Also, the "addDevice" function wants CSV Version 2.0 formatted data. This does not include the IP address. Is there any way to add a device and set the IP address? I am using RME 4.3.1

4 Replies 4

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

DLMS is deprecated in LMS 2.5 and higher.  In fact, support for renameDevices has been removed.  Instead, you should be using dcrcli to add and delete devices.  Dcrcli supports bulk file import using the latest CSV format.  However, it does not have a servlet interface like DLMS.  It is a local CLI command only.

Well that is unfortunate. Remote management of the DCR via web servlets was one of the features I had hoped to use to integrate updates to CW from our change management system. I saw that you could add devices via dcrcli, but I didn't see any way to specify a bulk import csv file. What is the syntax/technique for that?

I also had issues trying to delete devices via the command line. When I tried to delete devices I got an error about other apps managing those devices. I can delete them from RME from the command line, but not from Campus Manager. Is there any way to delete devices unconditionally? Also, are you aware of a bug that results in the shadow configuration file not getting the new new name when devices are renamed (either from the command line or the gui)? I stop/restart the ConfigMgmtServer to correct, but that is a pain.

>> I saw that you could add devices via dcrcli, but I didn't see any way to  specify a bulk import csv file. What is the syntax/technique for that?

I no longer work with LMS, but according to my old notes:

/opt/CSCOpx/bin/dcrcli -u admin impFile fn=someFile.csv ft=csv [cr=file]

## CS 3.0 SP2, a conflict resolution option (cr) is added in dcrcli import commands using which you can choose to retain data
in DCR or the data from the import source, when there is a conflict.
## Enter -f in the command line to delete all the devices including the devices managed by applications. This is optional.

You need to specify the -f option when deleting a device via dcrcli:

dcrcli -u admin cmd=del -f ...

ConfigMgmtServer only cleans up the shadow contents on startup.  So, to get a rename fully processed, you will need to restart the daemon.  This is done for performance reasons.  As a workaround, you can use cwcli to export the current configuration for a device regardless of its name.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: