Views
Helpful
Replies

Variations of DNIS sent to LEC

Aaron Dhiman
Level 2
Level 2

Has anyone ever run into issues in sending the LEC:

1. Local calls with a '1' prefix to the LEC (e.g., if your local area code is 212, and you send the LEC 1-212-555-1212).  Although I imagine this will work in most areas, I seem to remember that being a problem in some instances where the LEC will reject the call.

2. Sending the LEC 10-digits for Local Calls where you are in a 7-digit Local Calling area.  Again, I imagine this will work in most areas, but I'm wondering if someone has seen a LEC choke on this.

Thanks for your comments.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Correct, in both cases the behavoir will depend on telco settings. I have installations in the same city where one site behave one way, and the other the opposite.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Correct, in both cases the behavoir will depend on telco settings. I have installations in the same city where one site behave one way, and the other the opposite.

Thanks, I figured as such.  Gotta give the LEC what they want! 

Altough I have to say case 2 is less likely, as with type/plan ISDN/national, call must be accepted as 10 digits.

Thank you for the nice rating, and good luck!

Paolo, are you saying that you think in an area that uses 7-digit dialing for Local Calls, 10-digit local calls should always work if you set the Number Type to National?  Say area code is 280, and they use 7-digit dialing for Local Calls there  You send:

• DNIS = 280-NXX-XXXX with Number Type = National. 

Then, they would always route that correctly?

Aaron

Yes, they should.

Consider that calling numbers always come in as national 10 digits, and can be called back verbatim.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: