Views
Helpful
Replies

Variations of DNIS sent to LEC

Aaron Dhiman
Level 2
Level 2

Has anyone ever run into issues in sending the LEC:

1. Local calls with a '1' prefix to the LEC (e.g., if your local area code is 212, and you send the LEC 1-212-555-1212).  Although I imagine this will work in most areas, I seem to remember that being a problem in some instances where the LEC will reject the call.

2. Sending the LEC 10-digits for Local Calls where you are in a 7-digit Local Calling area.  Again, I imagine this will work in most areas, but I'm wondering if someone has seen a LEC choke on this.

Thanks for your comments.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Correct, in both cases the behavoir will depend on telco settings. I have installations in the same city where one site behave one way, and the other the opposite.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Correct, in both cases the behavoir will depend on telco settings. I have installations in the same city where one site behave one way, and the other the opposite.

Thanks, I figured as such.  Gotta give the LEC what they want! 

Altough I have to say case 2 is less likely, as with type/plan ISDN/national, call must be accepted as 10 digits.

Thank you for the nice rating, and good luck!

Paolo, are you saying that you think in an area that uses 7-digit dialing for Local Calls, 10-digit local calls should always work if you set the Number Type to National?  Say area code is 280, and they use 7-digit dialing for Local Calls there  You send:

• DNIS = 280-NXX-XXXX with Number Type = National. 

Then, they would always route that correctly?

Aaron

Yes, they should.

Consider that calling numbers always come in as national 10 digits, and can be called back verbatim.