SFE2000: default VLAN problem

scostantini
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, i have a problem with SFE2000.

I have 2 VLAN -> 1 (default) and 77

on port 1 i have VLAN 1 untagged

on LAG1 (G3+G4) i have VLAN 77T and 1U

on LAG1 i have attached a vmware esxi 4.1 that has management interface on 192.168.1.254 (VLAN 1) and virtual machine traffic data on VLAN 77 (tagged)

now ... from pc connected to port 1 ... i see 192.168.1.254 only for some seconds ... then i loose it (usualy i don't ...)

that's really strange ... seems something about defalut vlan 1

i could change all management port on new vlan 100 ... but ... is there any way to manage switch on a vlan different from default one (1)?

tks

1 Reply 1

David Hornstein
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Stefano.

I guess you have the latest version of code on the SFE2000.

Version 1 code was not as flexible as current code versions  and only wanted to use the predefined vlans.  Version 3 code made the switch so much much more flexible.

So if your switch isn't on version 3 code, go the link below and download the code via 'download software' option.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps9980/index.html

I could check the manual, but I believe this layer 3 switch, you can select the management vlan when you are at version 3 of the code..

So if your SFE2000 is at version 3 code and under phone  warranty and still having issues, why not see if a SBSC technician can look at the switch to determine operator or switch error?  To get to a SBSC technician check the link directly below.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/support/tsd_cisco_small_business_support_center_contacts.html

Hope this provides a direction for you to move forward.

regards Dave

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X