cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

HP Blade Server/Virtual Connect Flex 10 Module Ping Issue

abbas.ali
Level 1
Level 1

We are  experiencing  ARP resolution error between two blade servers within the same enclosure. We were able to use the static ARP workaround to temporarily fix the problem, but it is broken again, and now it is not pingable.

The Blade Servers are connected to Catalyst 6500 running Cat OS and default dynamic configurtion was not working.  As a workaround, we statically added arp entries into Cisco Catalyst 6500 OS.

Is this a issue with the configuration and there is any work around to resolve this issue permanently.

Regards,

1 Reply 1

dtran
Level 6
Level 6

Hi,

I am experiencing the same issue, except in my case from the blade server I can ping other blade servers within the HP blade enclosure but I can not ping a regular server that's on the same VLAN as the blade server. It's ARP related and the workaround for me for now is to add static ARP on the servers. Please let me know if you're able to come up with a fix. I have an HP BL460c running Virtual Connect Manager 2.32 connecting to a 6509 via two separate LACP etherchannel groupls, each with 2 1GB links.

I am working with TAC on this issue as we speak and will also let you know if I have the fix for the issue.

Could you tell me how to add static ARP in the 6509 ? I am also running CAT OS on my 6509.

Thanks !!!!

D.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: