AIR-BR1310G-E-K9 & AIR-ANT2506

Unanswered Question
Aug 26th, 2010

I have finally been able to get a good range on the AIR-BR1310G-E-K9 and ANT2506.

Couple of things however -

1. I can no longer get a link into the settings via the console port? Is it possible to log in wirelessly, as when I type in the address through an ethernet cable to the console port (I have a Mac and have been able to do this in the past) it doesn't link, I've also tried it wirelessly and still nothing? Could there be a problem with the console port?

2. Can anyone suggest any other Aironet AP's other than the 1300 series I can use to link up to the 2506? (I do have some LAP1131's and LAP1242's but do not have a controller therefore am unable to use them) At the moment it is used as an AP and I get a signal in 2 of the 5 properties needed? Is it possible to keep using the antenna as a 360 omni, plus link up another AP and antenna to pick up the wireless in a building that probably wont get the signal inside?

3. Is it possible to link my satellite terminal/modem to a Netgear router, then use some of the ethernet ports on the back to hard wire into a couple of properties?

Please help, many thanks, Ian

Overall Rating: 3 (2 ratings)
dancampb Thu, 08/26/2010 - 11:52

You can use the 1130's and 1240's.  Just convert them to IOS.

Tommo2010 Thu, 08/26/2010 - 11:56

Okay, good news. Do you have any idea on how to convert them to IOS, and could you please let me know how to do this? I do not have an idea on how?

Many thanks, Ian

Tommo2010 Thu, 08/26/2010 - 12:07

Could you also please advise me how to log into the LAP1131AG-N-K9? I only have an Apple Mac and was told I could use an ethernet cable between my Mac and console port?

What address do I need to type in to log in first time please?

Thanks, Ian

Tommo2010 Thu, 08/26/2010 - 13:52

Do you have any knowledge why, when I try and access the AP through an Ethernet cable and typing in 10.0.0.1, within the 5minute window and dhcp set to automatic, I still cannot get into the setup screen? It is incredibly frustrating.

Please help, thanks ian

Tommo2010 Thu, 08/26/2010 - 15:34

I am afraid I don't understand. I need a little more guidance than just a link. I do not have any images stored anywhere and I don't have a TFTP server. This LAP is brand new out the box, and I cannot appear to log into it using the default IP Address via ethernet cable? I have tried 3 different ethernet cables to see if that is the problem and it isn't?

Does anyone have any further suggestions?

Thanks, Ian

Leo Laohoo Thu, 08/26/2010 - 16:34

Hi Ian,

Try not to make multiple posts of the same issue.  I've posted an attachment of this link to one of your posts.  The problem is that you've made so many I can't recall which one.

Tommo2010 Fri, 08/27/2010 - 00:55

Ok, fair point, but it doesn't appear that any of my other questions are being answered.

I have questioned why I cannot log into the AP and any possible solutions, with no response whatsoever.

I also posted regarding the TFTP server advising I do not have any earlier releases of the IOS stored anywhere, nor do I have a TFTP server so I do not understand the link, and your reply hasn't addressed my issue with that either.

If you can assist in me logging into the AP then of course I wont need to post my questions anymore,

Regards, Ian

Actions

This Discussion

Related Content