cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC500 cue truncated messages

MARK BAKER
Level 4
Level 4

I have a UC500 CUE that only records the first 8 to 15 seconds of a message. The caller leaving the message has no indication that only the first few seconds of the recording is being saved. This was happening on CUE version 7.1.3 and now on version 8.0.4 after upgrading. Has anyone seen this before?

Thanks,
Mark

9 Replies 9

emorivera2526
Level 1
Level 1

Mark,

I've seen this happen when the vad was enabled on the dial-peers for CUE.  Make sure in your dial-peers (if you used CCA they should be dial-peer 2000 or 2001 I believe) but make sure you see the "no vad" command listed.

Emilio

Steven Holl
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Is this integrated with CUCM or CME?  What PSTN connections do you have?

You should run some signaling traces and see where the disconnect is originating.

Emilio,

no vad is configured on the dial-peers to CUE.

Steven,

The PSTN trunk is a SIP trunk. I found out today that the messages that only record for 8 to 15 seconds are only through the SIP trunk. Internal messages are recorded in their entirety. This appears to be more of a SIP provider to CUE issue instead of a CUE only issue. This worked fine before an upgrade to CME and CUE (UC500).

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Mark

There is a chance that the provider is sending a disconnect for these calls.

Get SIP debugs during a call with the issue, and we can take a look:

debug ccsip mess

debug voip ccapi inout

Router(config)# service sequence
Router(config)# service timestamps debug datetime msec
Router(config)# logging buffered 10000000 7
Router(config)# no logging con
Router(config)# no logging mon
Router(config)# voice iec syslog

Router# term len 0

Router# sh logg

Note the calling/called numbers of a call with the issue.

-Steve

frlindse
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Sounds like a SIP timer expiring and dropping the call.  Be sure you have

voice service voip

no supp-service sip ref

no supp-service sip moved

sip

midcall-signalling passthru

frlinse,

Thanks for the reply. This is what is currently configured for voice service voip. Is the midcall-signalling passthrough required for CME 7.1.3? It wasn't there and working prior to upgrading to this version.

no supplementary-service sip moved-temporarily

no supplementary-service sip refer

THen we will need the debugs to see what is/not being sent/recieved

debug ccsip message

debug voip ccapi inout

Please include called/calling parties.

FYI, 'midcall-signalling passthru' is a command for CUBE environments.  It changes how the SIP stack behaves.  You aren't supposed to configure that if you are running CME on the box.

MARK BAKER
Level 4
Level 4

This turned out being the IOS firewall inspect command for UDP having it's timeout set to the default of 15 seconds. The timeout was increased to correct it. The firewall was turned on a month ago, but the user said the voicemail issue was happening for 2 to 3 months before the firewall was enabled, so I didn't suspect this being the issue. It is strange how this affected only the calls transfered to voicemail. Calls to phones that were answered were not affected by this timer.

Thanks for all the replies,

Mark

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: