Views
Helpful
Replies

Incoming calls through SIP trunk without ANI

Caravan NOC
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everybody.

I have IP trunk between CUCM 7.0 and asterisk. Sometimes i got calls from asterisk like this:

INVITE sip:7211388@xx.xx.xx.xx SIP/2.0

Via: SIP/2.0/UDP yy.yy.yy.yy:5060;branch=z9hG4bK30e69283;rport

Max-Forwards: 70

To: <sip:7211388@xx.xx.xx.xx>

as you can see there is no calling number except name "Kubly". I need restrict those calls and allow only calls with Calling Number.

i tried to use translation pattern and modify calling number, but it's not work.

Can anybody help me?

5 Replies 5

Steven Holl
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

CUCM can't do any rules or routing based on ANI within itself.  You should be able to do this with a call-block translation for a null ANI if the call is going through an IOS gateway like CUBE.  Apply it to the inbound SIP dial-peer.

voice translation-profile blockNullANI
translate calling 1

voice translation-rule 1
rule 1 reject /^$/

dial-peer voice 1 voip
incoming called-number .
call-block translation-profile incoming blockNullANI
call-block disconnect-cause incoming call-reject

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/tech/tk652/tk90/technologies_configuration_example09186a00803f818a.shtml#con11

-Steve

Thanks for reply.

I know, that i can block these call on IOS gateway, but i dont want to block them. i want to transform calling party. CUCM has Translation Pattern to do this, and it works great if you have an H.323 gateway. But when i'm trying to use SIP trunk, Translation Pattern doesn't work if i get name instead of numbers in Calling Party field

It's very unclear what you are trying to do (since in your original post, you *did* mention that you wanted to restrict the call).

Is an IOS configuration an option for you?  Because CUCM doesn't have a way to match based on a specific ANI.  We can't create a rule to match off a null ANI in a CUCM translation.

Neither CUCM nor IOS can change the calling name.  If you need to match or manipulate the name in anyway, that's not going to be able to be done.

The only thing you can do regarding translation would be in IOS to match on a null ANI (like in my example previously) and translate the calling number to a static calling number (like 5551119999).  Would that suffice?

OK. Thanks for advice, i'll restrict calls within IOS gateway.

But could you help me to understand next thing? (just my curiosity)

I don't want to match specific ANI, i want to translate the calling number to a static calling number within CUCM.

CUCM can translate the calling number for incoming call from the H.323 gateway or from the SIP trunk if the calling number isn't empty. But CUCM can't change calling number in case of incoming call with empty calling number through the SIP Trunk.

Is that right?

You can contact me at the address present in my profile to have developed a custom script that does all you want with calling number and names.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: