Here is my delima: I have aquired a network with the following configuration:
- 1 Extreme 8810 - core switch - This switch has 8 cisco 4003 & 2 3624 switches connect via fiber backbone
- Spanning tree is enabled on some of the switches and not on others
My dilema: I am looking for the best way to ensure that spanning tree is configured correctly.
- Is there a best practice guide to follow for step by step configuration
- should I use VTP?
- should I use PortFast ? if so How?
- BPDU ? Can I route the BPDU traffic on a seperat vlan?
As you can see that I am not a spanning tree expert. I am some what familiar as to some of the configuration methods I just need help on making sure everything is properly setup.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation.