Views
Helpful
Replies

Need Help with Partitions and CSS

Lulzim Islami
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I created 3 types of Partitions and CSS for my CUCM setup.

Local PT - Only for Extension and local PSTN dialing

Long Distance PT - calls to long distance and

International PT - calls to international calls.

Same and with Calling search spaces:

Local CSS - Local PT

Long distance CSS - Local PT and Long Distance PT

International CSS - Local PT, Long Distance PT, and International PT

Once I added the lines to thea propriate partitions and CSS I'm not able to make calls. I can make calls only to those numbers in same PT and CSS.

Example:

DN 1000 is in International CSS and PT

DN 1020 is in Local PT and CSS

I'm able to make calls from 1000 to 1020, but not from 1020 to 1000.

Any help provided will be appreciated.

Thanks,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I don't think you're getting the concept.

It boils down to this:

You have 1000 in International PT.  The calling phone 1020 has Local CSS applied.  Because International PT is not inside of Local CSS, 1020 cannot call 1000.

It's this simple: the partition of the extension you would like to call needs to be in the CSS applied to the calling party.  That's all there is to it.

Change the PT for 1000 to be Local instead of International, and you will be able to call it.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Steven Holl
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The CSS defines who someone can call.

You aren't able to dial from 1020 to 1000.  In this scenario, since 1020 is the calling phone, it looks at 1020's CSS.

You said the CSS on 1020 is the local CSS, which contains the local partition (internal ext and local PSTN).  That means that those are the only phones which 1020 can call.  1020 cannot call 1000 because 1000 is in the international partition, and you didn't put the international partition in the CSS which you applied to 1020.

I'm not sure what your end goal is, but typically you do your outbound calling restrictions with the CSS's like you are doing.  If you want all of your internal phones to be able to call eachother, place all your internal phones in an 'internal' partition and apply the internal partition to all of your CSSs.  If you want some phones to not be able to call other internal extensions, use a new CSS without the 'internal' partition in there.

-Steve

That is exactly what I'm doing, I have internal PT and it is applied in all CSS, but for some reason I'm not able to do calls internaly if one extnsion have higher priviledge of CSS.

I don't think you're getting the concept.

It boils down to this:

You have 1000 in International PT.  The calling phone 1020 has Local CSS applied.  Because International PT is not inside of Local CSS, 1020 cannot call 1000.

It's this simple: the partition of the extension you would like to call needs to be in the CSS applied to the calling party.  That's all there is to it.

Change the PT for 1000 to be Local instead of International, and you will be able to call it.

You are right. Once i put all phones to internalPT now everyone is able to call each other, and the CSS defines who, where can make calls.

Thanks a lot, you been very helpful.