cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN concentrator 3005 Remote Access

eric
Level 1
Level 1

I have inherited 2 VPN 3005's one is in production with a weird config, probably because whoever set it up was having a similar issue. The other I am trying to setup properly and will then move the users to it. It has a public IP and the private port has an address on the local network. I have setup a pool with a different subnet. My client connects but, cannot get on the local network. I can ping the local interface of the 3005 but, nothing past that.

Thanks,

Eric

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

If I understand correctly, the tunnel is establishing properly (so no problem on the VPN config).

If you check under Monitoring | Sessions do you see the remote access session established? Also do you see packets received/transmitted?

I would check that the internal LAN has a default gateway pointing to the internal IP of the concentrator (or at least a route to get to it) to be able to send packets back to the VPN clients.

Federico.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Hi,

If I understand correctly, the tunnel is establishing properly (so no problem on the VPN config).

If you check under Monitoring | Sessions do you see the remote access session established? Also do you see packets received/transmitted?

I would check that the internal LAN has a default gateway pointing to the internal IP of the concentrator (or at least a route to get to it) to be able to send packets back to the VPN clients.

Federico.

Thanks for your response Federico. When I get to the office tomorrow, I'll test the solutions you offered and let you know.

Thanks,

Eric

You are correct that, I do not have the route in my default gateway. I do not want to make changes to the gateway during business hours. i have setup a pc on the network with it's GW set to the private IP of the concentrator. When I am connected to the VPN, I cannot ping the PC on the network. The PC on the network can ping the VPN PC's virtual interface.

Ok.

If you have an internal PC with the gateway set to the internal IP of the concentrator that's ok.

The VPN client should connect to the concentrator (you should see the session established fine Monitoring | Session)

When you send packets from the VPN client to the internal PC do you see packets encrypted/decrypted?

Check that there's no Firewall (windows firewall) enabled on the PC preventing PINGs.

Federico.

yep, it had the firewall turned on. Thank you Federico! it is working properly now.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: