cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Alternate Greeting not working in UC520 AA

William Paulsen
Level 1
Level 1

I just upgraded to 8.0.4 and CCA 2.2(5).  We have a very simple AA, with one submenu.  When we record an alternate greeting message, it appears as AltGreeting.wav in the CCA AA menu, but it's never played when the AA answers.

If this AltGreeting.wav file exists, then it's supposed to be played before specified main message.

But this didn't work in the previous IOS version, and it still doesn't work now.

We'd like to just be able to easily manage remotely recording and deleting alt greeting - just as described in the docs.

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution
9 Replies 9

Steven DiStefano
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Can you try dialing the AA prompt management extension from an authorized extension and activate it that way?

That's exactly how we tried to set the alt greeting message - we dial the AA prompt manager extension number, logged in, we choose to record an alt greeting, we listen to it, then activate it.  Then I check CCA and I see there's a new AltGreeting.wav file in the list of prompts.  But when we call in from outside or call the AA extension, the alt greeting is never played.  (The docs say it's supposed to be played before the normal greeting.)  Everything else works OK with the AA.

I've searched around and someone said that one of the built-in AA scripts is broken because it doesn't call the check alt greeting script.  The posting simply said to fix the busted script.  Well, I suppose I could spend 8 hours doing this, but I had hoped this would have been fixed in the 8.0.4 upgrade.

OK, Got it.   I will check.

R U using the 'no action transfer prompt'  AA_SBCS_V03 ?

I see what yuou mean.  CUE Editor also doesnt seem to have a way to hook in the Alternate greeting wav file and so its doesnt play.

I also saw cases where this was reported logged in the database.  It looks like sending an email to ask-cue-editor@external.cisco.com is the way this gets closed each time.    I agree with you, this seems like something we can adjust in the script once for all.  

I am asking what that would take and asking if I overlooked something which would prevent this.

Will keep you posted.

Steve

Thanks for checking into this.  No, we're not using that script, I don't think I saw any script with a "3" in the script name.  We're using aa_sbcs_v02.aef

Your welcome and thank you actually.

On that other point, the V03 script is in the 8.0.4 SW pack and has once additional option from V02, that is the no action connect.  V02 disconnects after 3 run throughs if no one presses anything.  V03 goes to a number of your choosing.  Its in the CCA TSW and Expert Mode GUI.

Thanks for hanging in there. I have a script to test in the morning.

Will post the result and if it works, will post the script for you to try too.

Thanks, this new script works.  But, there's now another problem: In order to use this new AA script, I had to first remove the AA, and then start over.  This caused the AA extension to be removed, which in turn caused the Blast Groups that target the AA extension to go bad.  So I went back and added the AA extension number, but when I went to Apply in CCA, I got an error.  It turns out that the Pilot extension was "0", and all other extensions are 3 digits.  So I had to set this Pilot extension to 000, but I'd like it to be just one digit, "0".  This was allowed in the previous CCA, and we need something to happen when someone dials just 0 (there are about 10 analog phones on one extension, in public areas, and the dial plan is only internal or local calls).

Also, the CCA Print command for the AA popup does not print the dial numbers in the menu tables - they are blank in Print Preview and also on paper.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: