Views
Helpful
Replies

Change HELO name

simon.dwyer
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have run into an issue where the blocker was originally setup with an internal hostname.  Now we have reconfigured it with an external one on the interface but when mail is being sent by the blocker it still gives the internal hostname as its HELO name.

I have rebooted the device with no luck.

Anyone come across this?  We are getting mail bounced from some people due to HELO checks.

Cheers,

Simon

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello Simon,

can you please check on the CLI with 'deliveryconfig' what your default delivery interface is and change the IP Interface hostname of it (either on the CLI with 'interfaceconfig' -> 'edit' or on the GUI with Network > IP Interfaces)? The system takes the IP Interface hostname as EHLO/HELO name when establishing outbound connections.

Thanks and regards,

Martin

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Martin Eppler
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Simon,

have you tried to change the hostname on the Command Line Interface (CLI) with the command 'sethostname'? The CLI is accessible via telnet or ssh, depending on your IP Interface configuration.It is the only place where the hostname of the device can be changed (this cannot be done on the Web Interface GUI). Please issue the command 'commit' on the CLI after changing the hostname to confirm the changes.

Hope this helps. if not, please let us know.

Thanks and regards,

Martin

I havnt tried it that way.  Only changed it on the interface.

I will try it first thing in the morning and report back. thanks for the reply.

Simon

Sadly this didnt make a difference.

When telnetted in  the name of the blocker was correct (FQDN) i reset it anyway and reboot the device but still using the old name.

I have a call logged with Cisco via the request support section of the interface but its been nearly 24 hours without a response.

Hello Simon,

can you please check on the CLI with 'deliveryconfig' what your default delivery interface is and change the IP Interface hostname of it (either on the CLI with 'interfaceconfig' -> 'edit' or on the GUI with Network > IP Interfaces)? The system takes the IP Interface hostname as EHLO/HELO name when establishing outbound connections.

Thanks and regards,

Martin

Hi Martin,

Sorry it havnt gotten back any sooner.

Just checked what you said and the interface had the internal domain name. i swear i changed this in the gui but i changed it in the CLI now and it seems to have stuck.

Thanks again for your help,

Simon

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: