CUPS federation with OCS on the same domain

Unanswered Question
Aug 28th, 2010

Hi Guys,

I have a customer who has both Cisco Presence 7.x and OCS and which to federate between them.  The servers are on different geographic sites but internally reachable via the WAN

All CUPS and OCS users are on the same AD domain [email protected].

I'm reading that for federation to work, the CUPS and OCS servers need to be between different domains.

Can anyone give me a pointer??

Thanks,

Neil

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
stefan.bronkhorst Tue, 08/31/2010 - 07:24

I am investigating the same scenario and from what I can conclude CUPS seems to be a spiteful product.  OCS does have this capability by simply adding a route of "samedomain.com" pointing to the CUPS server.  In doing this OCS will query it's local databse first to find a match, and if nothing is found will forward the query to the next route, which will be cups.

So I have managed to get this working from OCS to CUPS, but unfortunately I see no way of CUPS responding back.  CUPS it appears has to completely own the domain and will not share.  I have tried adding routes to no avail.

Maybe someone else has had some success in getting this working both ways.

neilobrien Tue, 08/31/2010 - 07:50

Hi Stefan,

Thanks for the info.

You'll have to bare with me here as I have very little knowledge of CUPS and even less of OCS.

Is it the actual users that will be configured on the CUPS/OCS that need to be in different domains or just the FQDN of the SIP Proxy on the CUPS server needs to be different from the equivalent in OCS

What I was thinking of doing was changing the SIP Proxy domain on CUPS to cups.domain.com.  THis will make all my users on CUPS [email protected], the OCS server is then in the top level domain.com.

I find that saying "different domains" is very ambigious.

Maybe you might be able to clarify?

THanks,
Neil

Actions

This Discussion