Helpful
Replies

Collecting data statistics on a specific physical port, C3750

yawena2005
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone,

Using IPM in LMS 3.2.

Have source device C3750/C3400 and target device is C3750 with a valid IOS for IP SLA.

Enabled the responder on a target.

Custom operations are sent from IPM collector.

Generally, UDP-Jitter is working without specifying physical port on a target device.

Can you monitor data statistics (UDP-Jitter) on a specific port on a target device (for example on physical port nr. 6 on C3750?) Or may be one has to specify VLAN on the target device port?

What I tested was just enabling the responder on a target device and sent collector operations (UDP-Jitter) to source device. This is fine. But I want to collect data statistic from a physical port on the target device. Thanks for your help.

Greetings

Yawena

2 Replies 2

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, this is not possible.  UDP Jitter works over IP, so you have to send responses to a specific IP address.  The UDP packets will arrive at the target through the port that is connected to the upstream route hop (which could be through another L2 switch).  I have a bug open (CSCsz66719) to be able to specify a target address (i.e. target IP address) using IPM, but it has not currently been implemented.

Thanks for the quick respons.

Do I have other options besides using other 3rd party software?

Greetings

Yawena

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: