cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How do we permit a trainee to sit together with a CSR and silent monitor?

staufferatmcws
Level 1
Level 1

We are using a Cisco 7940 series phone.  I have two new hire CSR's coming soon.  I want them to be able to sit with an experienced CSR and silent monitor calls as they are taken, without using a speaker.  I can't find the solution to this anywhere.  Surely I'm not the first manager to want to do this!  Help!!!!!

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Two solutions really:

1) Software - get some call recording software that will be expensive and may allow you to monitor on headphones attached to a PC. Alternatively, create a Supervisor account and allow the new user to use that during the training period to silent monitor the agents.

2) Hardware - most headset vendors can supply you a Y-adapter that basically gives you the ability to connect two headsets to the headset port on the phone. Cheap, cheerful and reliable.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

I have a vague memory that sound was still coming out the earpiece on the handset when an agent had a headset on.

Could be wrong, could be headset specific - but have a try.

Regards,

Geoff

Also,some wireless headsets can sync multiple headsets to a single base station.  This allows more than one supervisor to listen to the call.

One example is the GN Netcom or Jabra 9350e.

6 Replies 6

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Two solutions really:

1) Software - get some call recording software that will be expensive and may allow you to monitor on headphones attached to a PC. Alternatively, create a Supervisor account and allow the new user to use that during the training period to silent monitor the agents.

2) Hardware - most headset vendors can supply you a Y-adapter that basically gives you the ability to connect two headsets to the headset port on the phone. Cheap, cheerful and reliable.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

I have a vague memory that sound was still coming out the earpiece on the handset when an agent had a headset on.

Could be wrong, could be headset specific - but have a try.

Regards,

Geoff

Yes Geoff, that is correct, and proper functionality.  You can also change this behavior in CUCM.

Also,some wireless headsets can sync multiple headsets to a single base station.  This allows more than one supervisor to listen to the call.

One example is the GN Netcom or Jabra 9350e.

staufferatmcws
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you everyone!   At lunchtime, I purchased the splitter to try.  I was concerned about how to make it a "silent" monitor and will work that out.  Also, we do have wireless headsets.  They are Plantronics (CS55).  I will check on the possibility of a sync-up. 

I will update this thread for future reference!

staufferatmcws
Level 1
Level 1

UPDATE:

Our headsets are Plantronics, Model CS55.  They will  not sync up to one base station.  A "headset training adaptor" can be purchased, part# 03929-63, for $39.95, from several sources.  The adaptor is nothing more than the  "Y" adaptor I just purchased from Radio Shack.  However, it does have a mute button for each user.  Our headsets have mute buttons but, they beep every 15 seconds when on mute.

I don't think the cost will put us out of business and sounds like the better answer.  I'm the newbie at this organization and am a little amazed they've trained using open speakers all this time.

Thank you everyone for the ideas!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: