Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 3.2 RME 4.3.1 telnet problem

m.arienti
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a problem with version 3.2 of LMS CiscoWorks and RME 4.3.1.

From RME-- archive management when i click on sync archive it's not possible to collect the configuration with telnet protocol.

I try to telnet devices from the machine where CiscoWorks is installed and all was ok but if i try telnet from device center about LMS 3.2 the session don't start.

I try to put a sniffer between one of the switch and seems that CiscoWorks don't send the username to switch, someone have the same problem? How i can resolve?

Thanks

4 Replies 4

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Check your credentials in DCR.  If your switches are asking for a username, make sure you have populated the username credential field in DCR.  Also, check your Username: prompt.  By default, RME only checks for "Username:".  If you are using a custom prompt, you need to add that to NMSROOT/objects/cmf/data/TacacsPrompts.ini.

If you can post the sniffer trace I can check for other potential problems.

I check the credentials in DCR and I try to did a verify credentials job but the results are : " Incorrect".

With the same credentials i can enter in devices from telnet session but Ciscoworks can't, it's possible that LMS has problem with characters like . , ) * ?

Customer haven't a custom prompt, it's the default from Cisco.

I can't post sniffer traces because i'll have to give the next time i'll go to customer site.

I can't connect to the device with SSH with the same credentials so the credentials are ok, but some devices haven't the IOS to use SSH so CiscoWorks must connect with telnet.

LMS doesn't have any problems with special characters in passwords.  Plus, if RME isn't sending a username at all, the password is not the problem.  When you can get a sniffer trace, post it.  That smay shed some more light on this problem.