cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 2911 - Not getting desired Up and Down Speeds...

DanielMHussey
Level 1
Level 1

I recently configured our 2911 Integrated Services router with the attached configuration.  We have a 10MB ethernet over copper circut that is being brought to us via a metro-ethernet link.  For one reason or another, we are only gettin 6.5-7 MB/s DOWN and .25-1.1 MB/s UP.  I am assuming this issue is ISP related and NOT with mo configuration, but I decided I should check anyway.  I very well could be missing some load configs or something...

NOTE: I have tested the speed from BOTH a worksation on our LAN as well as from one of the open ethernet pots on the router and I am getting the same speeds- therefore- I can rule out anything LAN related (we do have a firewall hooked up, but its throughput is VERY good).  The FW is also a gigabit link to the router so I can rule out interface speed restrictions as well... Also the firewall has been given one of our usable IP's .75 (.74 is on out LAN facing 2911 interface).

The config and details are contatined in the attached .txt files.

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!

-Dan

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

I guess the issue is with the "half duplex" part. Can you work with your ISP

and have them auto-negotiate the speed/duplex? Set the speed/duplex to auto

on your end as well. That should fix this issue.

Regards,

NT

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Nagaraja Thanthry
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

Can you post the output of "show interface gi 0/0" and "show interface gi

0/1" commands? Also, please post the output of "show buffer" command.

Sometimes, this could be due to speed/duplex incompatibility issues. While I

don't expect any buffer issues, it is worth a check.

Regards,

NT

Here are the requested SHOW commands... I noticed the 0/0 interface (not sub)is only at 10mb HALF duplex... this may be the issue, but I do believe the circut being a 10MB copper over ethernet having it auto negotiate to 10mb is alright, but likely full duplex may fix this...

-Dan

PS also incluided the .105 sub interface although I dont think thats needed

Hello,

I guess the issue is with the "half duplex" part. Can you work with your ISP

and have them auto-negotiate the speed/duplex? Set the speed/duplex to auto

on your end as well. That should fix this issue.

Regards,

NT

I eneded up speaking with the ISP and they told me it would be best to force full duplex and 10mbs... I did and t

hat was all it took!

THANKS AGAIN NT!

YOU HAVE BEEN VERY HELPFUL!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card