Views
Helpful
Replies

Help with Cisco Network Assistant

ccbcisco
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm using Cisco Network Assistant v5.5 and I recently added a switch WS-C2960-48TC-L with IOS 12.2(55)SE-LAN-BASE-CRYPTO.

Now using CNA I try ti get the list of MAC but the software show a error about read-only access, but the configured access for all the switch it is the same Read-Write.

The complete message is: "The software version of the selected switch does not support some of the CLI commands in read-only mode for this window. You must have read-write access to this switch to display complete information in this window.

That happens when I use: CNA>Configure>Switching>MAC Addresses

When I configure the CNA community I choose read-write access level with the Secret Passqord for all the switchs, so I don'y understand how to specify the read-write access again or if I have to do something in the new switch.

Thanks

5 Replies 5

ccbcisco
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm still without understand this behaviour, but what I did was installing the IOS 12.2(53)SE2-LAN-BASE without Crypto and CNA could read the MAC Address table from switch.

If anyone can explain me what happened I appreciate.

Thanks.

Hi there,

I'm having the same problems as you

Maybe I'll try to downgrade the IOS. I use the MAC-address feature almost every day

Regards,

Hi Niels,

Thanks for write.

I believe the problems has to be related with the IOS 12.2(55)SE-LAN-BASE-CRYPTO. Beside try with IOS 12.2(53)SE2-LAN-BASE. I try with 12.2(53)SE2-LAN-BASE-CRYPTO too and Cisco Network Assistant works great. So I did the same downgrade with all 2960s.

Regards.

joacim.ronnbom
Level 1
Level 1

Isn't your WS-C2960-48TC-L an unknown device in CNA? It is in my installation. Maybe depending on IOS version?

Found out myself in forum, I got a C2960S, not supported, but yours probably are.

Hi Joacim,

Thanks for write,

The device is completely recognized by CNA. I had a similar situation with a C2960-48PST-L but the last update of CNA solve it and all the devices are supported so far. Now I have CNA version 5.5. Maybe there will be you inconvenient.

And the other hand, with my problem I overcome with a downgrade to 12.2(53)SE2-LAN-BASE-CRYPTO (before I tried with 12.2(53)SE2-LAN-BASE) and now I can get in the MAC Address option of CNA.

Regards.